Our Media Centre offers a selection of 16,500 media. Students can borrow books, films, audio-books, newspapers and magazines in several languages. The spacious premises of the Media centre are ideal for spending intervals between lessons, doing homework or for just reading quietly in a pleasant atmosphere.
Dibiost (Digital online library of Eastern Switzerland in German, partly in English)
PressReader (over 6,000 international newspapers and magazines)
Jstor (Online archive with a selection of special interest and scientific magazines in English)
Questia school (Digital online library of academic books and articles in English)
Britannica School (General knowledge English-language encyclopedia)
Ruth Bezzola-Wagner, Head of Media Centre
Antoinette Russi, Staff Media Centre
081 851 30 18
|Monday||7.30 - 17.00|
|Tuesday||7.30 - 17.00|
|Wednesday||7.30 - 12.15|
|Thursday||7.30 - 17.00|
|Friday||7.30 - 17.00|
- All students, teachers and other staff may use the Media Centre free of charge and borrow media.
- A maximum of 3 DVD’s may be borrowed at any one time.
- The lending periods are as follows:
|Books and audio-books||4 weeks|
|DVDs, CD-ROM’s and magazines||3 days|
- If the lending period has expired, a written reminder is issued and sent by post or put in borrower’s mailbox. The following fees are charged:
|1st reminder||CHF 5.--|
|2nd reminder||CHF 20.--|
- If the deadlines stated in the reminders are not met, students may be be gated or put in detention (see separate regulations).
- If the 2nd reminder is disregarded, the medium in question will be bought at the expense of the borrower, including additional fees for reminders and administration (CHF 15.--).
- The borrowed media are to be transported and treated with due care. Borrowers will be charged for any damage or loss and are personally liable for the media they borrow. Please do not let third parties use any borrowed media.