Hollywood, Rafting, Language Schools – Swiss School’s Spectacular Summer Camps #LyceumAlpinumTOP5
The Lyceum Alpinum Zuoz, the Swiss international boarding school, is preparing its annual camp for students, ages 6 – 17. Next year is as exciting and diverse as ever. With language courses and recreational activities, there is something for everyone – from acting classes and digital skills, to rafting and rock climbing, to the Junior Day Camp and Preparation Academy. Don’t miss the vacation of a lifetime in the breathtaking Swiss Alps! To tide yourself over until summer, here are some of the incredible courses Summer Camp 2018 has to offer:
1. Hollywood Meets Zuoz
Ever heard of "Ocean’s Twelve"? Not only did Gian Franco Tordi appear in the blockbuster, he is a major player in the American film industry. A man of many talents, Gian Franco is an Actor, Comedian, Writer and Director. He works in Film, TV, Commercials and Stage. Before completing the New York Film Academy and the University of California at Los Angeles, Gian Franco was a student at Lyceum Alpinum Zuoz. After graduating from Zuoz, the Switzerland-Born star moved to Hollywood in pursuit of a professional career in acting. Today Gian Franco works in Film, TV, Stage, Commercials and Stand Up. His credits hold a lead role in Los Angeles Long running stage-Play Luigi, a lead role in the movie Tesla the Superman, and supporting roles in films and television shows like The Good German, Unorganized Crime, Pocket Listing, General Hospital, Monday Mornings and Different Spy.
We are excited to have Gian Franco return to the school next summer to lead our film workshop.
Hone your skills in English, German, or French in the morning and in the afternoon you can learn about theater, film and acting from an industry professional!
The Zuoz Film Academy covers the following:
- Public speaking
- Audition techniques
- Comedy expression
- Learn the camera angles and how to shoot
- Learn how to perform stand up comedy on stage
- Acting exercises (Body & Mind)
- Stage presence vs. acting in front of a camera
- Scene and character development
- Acting for film and TV techniques (marks, eye lines, blinking)
- Collaborating with your director and understanding the film set
- Shoot and take home your short movie
And so much more!
English basic skills are advisable.
We are thrilled to offer this course to our burgeoning stars.
2. Digital Skills
- Coding with one of the world`s leading programming languages Python or
- Learn about robotics with Arduino
- The Digital Skills workshop takes place on 9 mornings, 3,5 hours a day
- On the first day the whole group meets to go through the basics of e-safety
- The camp is suitable for students with all levels of digital knowledge. Learning takes place in small groups (maximum 6 students for one instructor) and everyone gets to work on individual tasks suitable for their level
- The camp is taught in English, the language of code. As the instructors are bilingual, specific questions can be discussed also in German and French. English basic skills are advisable.
Digital Skills powered by TechSpark Academy.
3. Hot Days, Cool Rafting
All that learning got you beat? Liven things up with a true summer camp highlight: white water rafting! Every year, the school offers a rafting day trip, led by an experienced guide. Whether you’re there to ride the rapids or take a dip in the refreshing waters, everyone can enjoy the views the Engadin’s untamed nature has to offer. We also have waterproof GoPROs if you’d like to record your experience. Direct your own action-filled adventure and we’ll save your masterpiece on CD or thumb drive to take home. All equipment used on rafting trips is provided and checked regularly by trip organizers. All you need is a sense of adventure and a little courage.
4. Rock Climb to New Heights
Up, up and away! If you want to experience Switzerland’s nature firsthand, check out our rock climbing adventure. Supervised by experienced mountain guides, students learn the ropes and how to tie proper knots, complete a basic climbing and safety course, and do their first climb in the beautiful Morteratsch region. Campers also learn the basics of rappelling and cross a glacial stream via zip-line!
5. Junior Day Camp
Next year, the Lyceum Alpinum Zuoz offers a summer programme for students ages 6 – 9. Mornings from 8:30 – 11:45, campers practice English (complete beginner, post beginner, elementary and pre intermediate), followed by a healthy and delicious lunch. Afterwards, campers participate in a range of recreational activities, such as sports, excursions, handicrafts and baking. The day lasts from 8:30 a.m. until 4 p.m., and we can gladly arrange transportation home for your children.
The Lyceum Alpinum Zuoz’s international camp is the perfect way to stay active this summer. From language schools and outdoor activities, to the picturesque scenery of Switzerland, our international camp promises to be a dream vacation. Don’t hesitate – sign up today and reserve your spot in the sun and fun!